Thank you to everyone who braved the rain and participated today! Remember, this is something you can do whenever some issue, some event, some injustice requires a response from ordinary people. You always have the right to gather and make yourself be heard.
Stay active, stay engaged. Your country needs you, just as we all need each other.
Jan 20, 2017
Dec 11, 2016
Along El Camino Real, in all cities from San Francisco to San Jose
Friday, January 20, 2017, Noon to 1:00 pm
To everyone who lives, works, and studies in the Counties of San Francisco, San Mateo, and Santa Clara:
If you are deeply concerned about the rhetoric and policies of the incoming administration, come out of your homes, work places, schools, and churches on Inauguration Day, January 20. Go to the section of El Camino Real closest to you and let’s all do a sidewalk protest for one hour, starting at noon.
- It is LEGAL to protest on a sidewalk without a permit as long as you are not obstructing the free flow of vehicles and people.
- Come in groups. Organize your families, friends, churches, co-workers, classes, nonprofit organizations, affinity groups, etc. If possible, have a big sign with your group’s name. (Of course, individuals are also welcome.)
- Bring banners and signs expressing whatever concerns you the most about the new administration. Be direct and clear, but PLEASE, no hateful or violent language.
- Stand on the sidewalk in a line, facing the road. DO NOT BLOCK TRAFFIC, PEDESTRIANS, DRIVEWAYS, OR BUILDING ENTRANCES. Do not use sound amplifying equipment.
- If a section of sidewalk becomes congested, move down to an empty stretch and line that gap.
- Do not litter. Be considerate. Follow all laws.
- Take photos and video of your protest and share on social media. If you are so inclined, sing!
- At 1:00 o’clock, we’ll peacefully disperse.
If we come out in force, we’ll line up in strings of humanity along El Camino Real down the length of the Bay Area Peninsula. Let’s show that we will stand our ground and fight for tolerance, decency, shared prosperity, and democracy in our country!
Invite everyone you know